Eric Rhoads interviews California landscape artist Timothy Horn in this week’s PleinAir Podcast.
Listen as Horn shares the following:
• How his love for painting Airstream trailers developed from early reference photos he had taken, and how to render elements such as the curved reflections
• A current series he calls “Shadow Selfie Paintings,” in which he poses in front of a car and then approaches challenges such as painting the edges, reflections, and curves of the shadows
• Why painting an old car is just as difficult as painting a figure or portrait
Horn now paints full-time and lives in the the small town of Fairfax where he is drawn to the everyday scenes of the rural areas in Marin and Sonoma Counties — the old buildings that have evaded development, the workings of ranch life, the old cars and trucks that continue on, or sometimes simply the play of light and shadow across planes of weathered color. Horn wants to create paintings that tell his story, that express his observations, “paintings that feel 100% Me.”
His work has won numerous awards, has been featured in several magazines, and was on the cover of Southwest Art in 2012. He participates in several annual group shows, and is currently represented by four galleries. Every year, Horn teaches 4 – 6 painting workshops around the country and abroad. He is an Artist Member of the California Art Club, and a Signature Member of the Oil Painters of America. (from TimHornArt.com)
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• How to manage your time to fit in both marketing and creating art
• Whether or not you should donate art for silent auctions (the answer may surprise you!)
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Timothy Horn here:
Learn from Timothy Horn in person at the 8th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo, also featuring Joseph Zbukvic, Liz Haywood-Sullivan, and many more!
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!