Eric Rhoads interviews plein air and figurative/portrait artist Dawn Whitelaw in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. Dawn learned how to paint through many art workshops over the years. She says she loves the “energy and pressure” of plein air events and believes in the importance of community and personal relationships for artists.
Listen as Dawn Whitelaw shares the following:
• Why she considers teaching others to be her best work
• What a “grocery bag sketch” is (it’s not what you think) and how they came about
• What changed everything about how she approaches the canvas to paint
“Don’t lose sight of your joy for painting.” ~Dawn Whitelaw
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• Where to find a list of invitational, juried, and open plein air competitions
• When it’s a smart idea to work toward a formal art education, such as an MFA
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Dawn Whitelaw here:
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!