Eric Rhoads interviews artist Ray Roberts in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. Roberts tells us his painting techniques and his advice on composition, design, color, value, drawing, and more.
Listen as Ray Roberts shares the following:
• The top five things plein air artists should focus on when painting
• His thoughts on transferring a plein air study to a studio piece
• How to compose a painting and what he recommends as the best ways to formulate a design
• The most misunderstood part of learning to paint light and shadow
• His advice for people who are starting out as artists, and for those who want to “get to the next level”
• How learning and studying values has impacted his work
“You’re only as good as what you’re painting from.” ~ Ray Roberts (on painting from photographs versus painting en plein air)
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• Why you should personally refer to an expert about what your family should do with your art when you pass away.
• How to sell your art locally when you live in a small town
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Ray Roberts here:
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!
Upcoming travel and art events with Streamline Publishing:
- September 22-29, 2019: Fall Color Week: Ghost Ranch
- October 11-19, 2019: Fine Art Connoisseur Art Trip to France
- November 10-13, 2019: Figurative Art Convention & Expo
- May 2-6, 2020: The 9th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo