In this PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads, you’ll be inspired by David Curtis (http://djcurtis.co.uk/), who is a member of the Royal Society of Marine Artists and the Royal Institute of Oil Painters. Essentially a “plein air” and figurative painter, working in both oil and watercolor, he is the author of numerous books and has work in collections all over the world.
Listen as David Curtis shares the following:
• How he began working as a full-time, professional artist and found work through the Federation of British Artists, who told him, “We can give you all the work you want.”
• The resurgence of plein air painting happening in the UK and in the states (especially the West coast), and the benefits of being a part of the movement.
• Facts about the Royal Society of Marine Artists, which is endorsed by the Queen
• The evolution of collecting fine art
• His three categories of subject choice, and how they spark off of each other
• What he does when he needs inspiration, and more
“Sometimes you need a little bit of luck in this life, don’t you? To be in the right place…but then you have to work at it.” ~David Curtis
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• What you should include on the back of your painting before you sell it
• What to include (and what to leave out) on your professional art website
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and David Curtis here:
Ask Your Marketing Minute Question! We invite you to email us at [email protected] ask a question for an upcoming Marketing Minute segment.
Review this podcast! Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!