Eric Rhoads interviews impressionist artist Richard Oversmith in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. Oversmith taught himself to paint quickly and accurately, achieving energetic paintings that are full of life and make it easy for people to connect with his work. Learn how in this podcast.
Listen as Richard Oversmith shares the following:
• His own painting techniques, including his unique way of mixing pools of color while painting. Oversmith explains the best way to train yourself to understand color harmony, and the importance of studying value and shapes for painting landscapes.
• Plein air versus studio painting, and how painting outdoors for so many years has taught him how to see light and make a studio work “look” like it was painted en plein air
• An explanation of local color and how to observe it to make your painting more interesting
“Be you. That’s a hard thing…decide early on who you are in painting, and learn from your mistakes.” ~Richard Oversmith
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• When you might want to consider using a different name when it’s time to start selling your art
• How to make the most of Instagram and a simplified strategy to start increasing your followers and engagement
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Richard Oversmith here:
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!