Eric Rhoads interviews American artist Ed Terpening in this week’s PleinAir Podcast.
Listen as Terpening shares the following:
• How he transitioned from a fast-paced tech industry to a relaxed retirement: “Now I get to say I’m an artist, and I’m always proud to say that.”
• His best advice for people who are considering leaving their “day job” and becoming a full-time painter
• How to handle the double-edged sword of social media, and how it can influence your work (for better or for worse)
Although he currently has work in community galleries, Terpening tells us he “made a very purposeful disconnection from art as commerce . . . That has freed me in many ways because I can experiment. I’m a big believer in the idea that you have to have many failures in order to have the big successes.”
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• A quick tip on where to start if you’re (trying and yet) not selling art through your website
• Specific ways to help your gallery sell your paintings
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Ed Terpening here:
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!