In this week’s PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads, listen to the second half of this fascinating interview with Tim Allen Lawson.
Listen as T. Allen Lawson shares the following:
• A deeper dive into how he creates and uses color charts, which he refers to as a “visual dictionary” for plein air painting
• How he views art at a museum in order to better study it, and how these insights influence his own goals
• A look at how Vermeer used a camera to help make artistic decisions about his paintings
• And even what it was like to paint at the White House and meet President George Bush
“Artists, more than anything, are curious. And it’s [often] that curiosity that leads us to want to be a painter.”
“The more time you spend observing…the more I think you become emotionally involved in [the painting].”
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• How to prepare early and make your upcoming exhibition a success
• Insights on finding solutions if your sales have slowed down, and sell more art
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and T. Allen Lawson here:
– Part 1 of T. Allen Lawson’s interview with Eric Rhoads on the Plein Air Podcast: https://www.outdoorpainter.com/pleinair-podcast-tim-allen-lawson-artist-struggles-painting/
– T. Allen Lawson online: https://tallenlawson.com/
– Plein Air Convention & Expo: https://pleinairconvention.com/
– Value Specs for Artists: https://streamlineartvideo.com/products/paint-by-note-red-glasses
– Sunday Coffee: https://coffeewitheric.com/
- Click here to subscribe to the free newsletter, Plein Air Today
- And click here to subscribe to PleinAir Magazine so you never miss an issue!