In this week’s PleinAir Podcast, Eric Rhoads welcomes one of the most prominent plein air painters in America, Tim Allen Lawson. For the first time in the history of the PleinAir Podcast, this episode comes in two parts because there was so much to cover with Lawson. Stay tuned ~ next week we’ll feature the second half.
Listen as T. Allen Lawson shares the following:
• How one of his first exhibitions came to be when he was about 13 years old, and how it was a catalyst for his plein air painting career
• Insights on historical plein air painters and paintings
• How he uses a number system with his color charts (see his charts below!)
• What it’s like to have a studio in Maine, including some surprising challenges
• How to keep abstract shapes when painting a landscape, and much more
T. Allen Lawson on painting: “Part of that enjoyment is the struggle, and not knowing the answer.”
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• Thoughts on negotiating with others for your paintings, and what matters in the end
• At what point you might consider referring to yourself as a professional artist
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and T. Allen Lawson here:
– T. Allen Lawson online: https://tallenlawson.com/
– Sunday Coffee: https://coffeewitheric.com/
– Art Marketing: https://artmarketing.com/
– Plein Air Salon: https://pleinairsalon.com/
– Publisher’s Invitational: https://publishersinvitational.com/
– Plein Air Convention & Expo: https://pleinairconvention.com/
- Click here to subscribe to the free newsletter, Plein Air Today
- And click here to subscribe to PleinAir Magazine so you never miss an issue!