Paintings of Water > There’s something about water in motion that draws us in and and fires our imaginations. It’s no wonder then that generations of artists have been inspired to set up their easels and document the the peaceful, meandering flow of lazy rivers and bubbling brooks, or the drama and power of waterfalls. In these paintings, contemporary artists take us to the water’s edge to showcase these jewels of the landscape in all their glory.
Related > PleinAir Podcast 140: Ken Salaz on Painting Waterfalls, Scumbling, and More
In this PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads, featuring artist Ken Salaz, you’ll learn the anatomy of painting a waterfall, the tradition of seekers of beauty, how Salaz became a non-criminal pick-pocket, and much more.
Listen as Ken Salaz shares the following:
• How he quit his good-paying full-time job in construction to study with Jacob Collins (“It paid off, big time.”)
• Why he transitioned from painting the figure to focusing on landscapes, becoming one of the top landscape painters in America, if not the world
• Painting techniques such as scumbling (in detail!)
• How to make your next sunset painting glow
Visit EricRhoads.com to find out all the amazing opportunities for artists through Streamline Publishing, including:
– Online art conferences such as Plein Air Live
– New video workshops for artists
– Incredible art retreats
– Educational and fun art conventions, and much more.