Eric Rhoads interviews Kami Mendlik — painter, instructor, and founder of the St. Croix River School of Painting — in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. Learn how she built a painting career as a single mom raising two kids, and much more.
Listen as Mendlik shares the following:
• Why she taught her kids to respect her painting time by using an egg timer (it wasn’t time to put the brushes down until the timer went off), and how she continued setting similar boundaries with others to respect her painting time as well.
• The fear of not achieving big goals and the importance of setting realistic ones. Mendlik sets monthly, annual, and five-year goals with the realization that she has “enough wisdom to know that it might change, and I’m okay with that.”
• Why, when it comes to improving your art, “painting alone is not just going to do it,” in regards to breaking down the process to be efficient and effective in your work. For example: “The painting part is easy – it’s the color part that’s challenging.”
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• How “building celebrity” can propel your art career
• How to get better results from your mailing list
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Kami Mendlik here:
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!