This week in the PleinAir Podcast, Eric Rhoads interviews Rosemary Swimm, the Executive Director of the Laguna Plein Air Painters Association (LPAPA). Even if you’re not in California, you’ll want to listen to this podcast to see what they’re doing for the plein air community at large, and how you can be a part of it, too.
Listen as Rosemary Swimm shares the following:
• Her advice for getting into a juried show
• What LPAPA is doing to bring plein air painting to the next generation of artists
• Insider’s details on the 21st Annual Laguna Beach Plein Air Painting Invitational in October
• Finding the balance between featuring the “best of the best” and being inclusive for all artists
• What we as a community can do to continue to strengthen plein air as a movement
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• If it really makes a difference to invest in higher-quality frames for your paintings
• Why, if you’re doing any amount of marketing, you should understand the basics of copywriting
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Rosemary Swimm here:
About LPAPA: Laguna Plein Air Painters Association (LPAPA) builds upon and promotes the renowned landscape painting heritage of Laguna Beach. LPAPA serves its members regionally, nationally and internationally through events, programs and education.
Connect with us! We invite you to email us at [email protected] and tell us about your plein air group or ask a question for the Marketing Minute.
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!
Upcoming travel and art events with Streamline Publishing:
- September 22-29, 2019: Fall Color Week: Ghost Ranch (sold out – sign up for the waiting list!)
- October 11-19, 2019: Fine Art Connoisseur Art Trip to France
- November 10-13, 2019: Figurative Art Convention & Expo
- May 2-6, 2020: The 9th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo