On the final night of Plein Air Live, Eric Rhoads and Kelly Kane hosted the awards ceremony for our 10th Annual Plein Air Salon with an international audience awaiting the results.
The Plein Air Salon has 18 categories for artists to enter – why the name? It’s held by our very own Plein Air Magazine. Each month, a top art icon judges the entries.
What about prizes? Winners receive $1,100 in monthly cash prizes, $21,500 in annual cash prizes, and our annual grand prize winner gets $15,000 AND their painting on the cover of Plein Air Magazine.
Watch the full ceremony here:
Plein Air Salon 10th Annual Awards
- People Choice award ($500): Lori Putnam
- $500 Honorable Mention ($500): Nikita Budkov
- $500 Honorable Mention ($500): Jennifer Diehl
- $500 Honorable Mention ($500): Christine Lashley
- Third Place Winner ($1,500): Jennifer McChristian
- Second Place Winner ($3,000): Joe Paquet
- First Place Winner ($15,000 and the cover of Plein Air Magazine): Lori Putnam
Congratulations to all of our winners this year!
The April competition is open and is accepting entries until midnight on April 30, 2021.
Mr. Jean Stern, Director Emeritus of The Irvine Museum, is the April judge.