At the Publisher’s Invitational in the Adirondack Mountains this summer, Eric Rhoads welcomed the 86 artists to participate in a lively forum for this PleinAir Podcast episode. This “summer camp for artists” is located one hour from the Canadian border, where the artists had gathered for a week to simply paint together, see old friends and make new ones, learn, and be inspired.
Listen to the open artist forum, which covers topics such as:
• Juried plein air shows and one way the organizers could likely improve the events
• The presence of acrylic artists in the plein air community
• The benefits of painting with a group, including seeing how others set up for painting outdoors
• Views on including the figure in a landscape
• And just for fun, a sure (although questionable) way to keep the bugs away
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• The validity of art marketing websites
• The balance of creating art for the love of it versus selling it to make money
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads featuring the Adirondacks Forum here:
About the Publisher’s Invitational: Enjoy a week with friends, laughter, painting and bonding. No exhibition, no workshop, no pressure. (Visit paintadirondacks.com to learn more and register for 2020.)
Connect with us! We invite you to email us at [email protected] and tell us about your plein air group or ask a question for the Marketing Minute.
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!
Upcoming travel and art events with Streamline Publishing:
- September 22-29, 2019: Fall Color Week: Ghost Ranch (sold out – sign up for the waiting list!)
- October 11-19, 2019: Fine Art Connoisseur Art Trip to France
- November 10-13, 2019: Figurative Art Convention & Expo
- May 2-6, 2020: The 9th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo
- June 7-14, 2020: Publisher’s Invitational: Paint in the Adirondacks