Eric Rhoads interviews modern impressionist Cody DeLong (codydelong.com) in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. DeLong shares the six questions he tells students to ask themselves, his close encounter with a mountain lion, and more.
Listen as Cody DeLong shares the following:
• How he went from working as a commercial airbrush artist to becoming a professional plein air painter, and learning how to paint with oil and observe the landscape. “I just fell in love with oil paints,” he says.
• What it means to paint in the style of “modern impressionism”
• How he balances his world of art with other areas of his life, from the business side of his art to exercising, and everything in between
• When and why he asks himself, “Am I studying truth or making a statement?”
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• If your painting prices should be different depending on the region
• What to consider if you’re an international artist who thinks the practices of art marketing are radically different in your country
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Cody DeLong here:
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!
Upcoming travel and art events with Streamline Publishing:
- September 22-29, 2019: Fall Color Week: Ghost Ranch (sold out – sign up for the waiting list!
- October 11-19, 2019: Fine Art Connoisseur Art Trip to France
- November 10-13, 2019: Figurative Art Convention & Expo
- May 2-6, 2020: The 9th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo