Eric Rhoads interviews Montana artist Josh Elliott in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. Josh shares why he doesn’t teach art workshops, how he times his paintings when painting outdoors, and much more.
Listen as Josh Elliott shares the following:
• Why someone can become a great artist if they don’t start painting while they’re young (“Expression is the most important thing,” he says. “Technique will catch up.”)
• How lucky we are, as artists, to have something to say about the overwhelming beauty of landscapes, and how he captures his response to a stirring scene
• His advice for artists who want to try to fit all of their favorite aspects of a scene into a single painting
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• How to turn “likes” into sales
• What successful watercolorists do to sell more paintings
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Josh Elliott here:
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!
Upcoming travel and art events with Streamline Publishing:
- September 22-29, 2019: Fall Color Week: Ghost Ranch
- October 11-19, 2019: Fine Art Connoisseur Art Trip to France
- November 10-13, 2019: Figurative Art Convention & Expo
- May 2-6, 2020: The 9th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo