Eric Rhoads interviews representational artist John Lasater in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. Lasater’s development as an artist is inspired by his insatiable desire to study the masters as well as by exploring new techniques and ideas while painting en plein air.
Listen as John Lasater shares the following:
• How everyone becomes a student when painting nature en plein air (and why that’s important). “There’s something wonderful about going into it with a certain amount of naivete every time.”
• Balancing being on the road for his art career and having a family.
• Preparations an artist can make for attending shows, including driving vs flying, and his tip for getting discounted shipping rates
• What it’s like to stay with a host family while traveling, and his best advice for someone who wants to get into the plein air circuit of shows.
• What prompted him to study art history, and how that informs his paintings
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• What steps you should take immediately after a painting is sold
• How art finds a home in places like hotels
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and John Lasater here:
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!