“Boundary, Jeremiah 5:22”
20 x 24 in.
Rick J. Delanty has been loving and appreciating nature all his life, and has been painting for over forty years. “The wonder of creation is endlessly and amazingly surprising,” says Delanty of the subject of his work, the American landscape, and specifically, the California coast. Movement, abstraction and expressive brushwork are characteristics of a body of work that openly admires nature and the secrets of beauty that she holds. “When I begin a painting,” says Delanty of his process, “I feel the power and beauty of the landscape in a palpable way—I feel privileged to be viewing and painting a sight of heaven touching the earth.”
- Signature member—LPAPA, AIS, ISAP, CPAP, PAAC
- Artist member—California Art Club and Salmagundi Club
- Christians in the Visual Arts
His work appears in Painting in Acrylics, the Indispensable Guide by Lorena Kloosterboer, Joan Irvine Smith’s A California Woman’s Story, and is part of a three-page feature in Southwest Art Magazine’s “Three To Watch” (11/16).
- Mendocino Paint-Out, September 18-24
- 19th Laguna Plein Air Painting Invitational, October 7-15
Selected Shows and Awards
- “Finalist, Best Acrylic” in the September 2016 Plein Air Salon.
- Second prize, Art Renewal Center’s “International Plein Air Challenge,” sponsored by California Plein Air Painters Association.
- “Best of Show” National Oil and Acrylic Painters Fall 2015 Online Exhibition.
- “Best of Show” in 2014 from PleinAir magazine editor Stephen Doherty in “The American Landscape” national exhibition.
- 2x “Outstanding Acrylic” in the international Boldbrush painting competition.
- “Best of Show” in the 2013 ISAP Online Exhibition.
To see more of the artist’s work and for purchase inquiries, go to www.delantyfineart.com.