Eric Rhoads interviews Pixar legend Bill Cone in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. Be inspired with his passion for painting outdoors, get his advice for new and experienced plein air painters, and more.
Listen as Bill Cone shares the following:
• How his plein air painting informed his work on Pixar films in regards to color, light, and atmosphere
• Why being in nature introduced a whole new range of color possibilities to his art
• The benefits of being in a figure drawing group, even if you primarily paint landscapes
“Nature is full of this infinite, dynamic, changing, inspirational imagery … it’s almost spiritual in a way, but also just inspiring for the movies. Suddenly I felt like, ‘I want to put that in a film.” ~ Bill Cone
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• When it’s better to outsource your art-related marketing versus doing the work yourself
• Advice for designing your own print ad, including the most important things to consider
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Bill Cone here:
Learn from Bill Cone in person at the 8th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo, also featuring Joseph Zbukvic, Terri Ford, and many more!
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!