This week in the PleinAir Podcast, Eric Rhoads interviews landscape painter Linda Glover Gooch, who takes us into her experiences of painting and life, including a topic that’s never been discussed on this podcast before. Other themes include the art of practicing your craft, painting shadows in the landscape, the “power of the thumbnail,” creating spectacular compositions, the importance of American Women Artists, and more.
Listen as Linda Glover Gooch shares the following:
• Her advice for beginning painters in regards to choosing an instructor and a style when learning how to paint and find their own voice
• Why she tells all of her students to go outside to paint, even if they prefer to paint from photo references
• What it was like to be raising her children while also painting, working, and living as an artist
• What advice she gives to brand new plein air painters, including how to “zoom in” on an area of the landscape – even at a place like the Grand Canyon
• Why you should “stay away from white” when painting clouds
“Take a class and go practice what you learned … When you get to a certain point in your painting abilities, I believe you can paint whatever you want to paint and do it well because you apply certain principles.” ~ Linda Glover Gooch
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• If you should pay for a sponsored post on social media and, before you spend a dime, what to consider
• Advice for writing an informative and engaging artist bio
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Linda Glover Gooch here:
Connect with us! We invite you to email us at [email protected] and tell us about your plein air group or ask a question for the Marketing Minute.
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!
Upcoming travel and art events with Streamline Publishing:
- September 22-29, 2019: Fall Color Week: Ghost Ranch (sold out – sign up for the waiting list!)
- October 11-19, 2019: Fine Art Connoisseur Art Trip to France
- November 10-13, 2019: Figurative Art Convention & Expo
- May 2-6, 2020: The 9th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo
- June 7-14, 2020: Publisher’s Invitational: Paint in the Adirondacks