In this week’s PleinAir Podcast, Eric Rhoads interviews landscape painter Mark Boedges, who explains why he tends to avoid greens even though they show up in his landscape paintings.
Listen as Mark Boedges also shares the following:
• The turning point when he quit his day job and became a full-time artist
• How he moved through comparing his landscapes to others, and came to appreciate his own style
• The importance of using a color chart, including an antidote about Richard Schmid and his color chart
• The one shade of green that he has at least temporarily removed from his palette
• How to create “suggestions of reality” in your next landscape painting
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• How to handle rejection, and the positive side of this fact of living a creative life
• How to be prepared to come up with a price on the spot when you sell a plein air painting off the easel
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Mark Boedges here:
Ask Your Marketing Minute Question! We invite you to email us at [email protected] ask a question for an upcoming Marketing Minute segment.
Review this podcast! Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!