Eric Rhoads interviews Australian artist Leon Holmes in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. Listen as Holmes expresses his passion for painting outdoors, including experimenting with new supplies and methods, capturing ephemeral light in different places in the world, and much more.
Listen as Leon Holmes shares the following:
• What it was like to design the “ultimate studio” and a special announcement about how he’s going to use the space
• How plein air is part of Australia’s art history and the current community culture (Spoiler: Plein air brings people together!)
• Why he makes his own lightweight pochade boxes for outdoor painters
• How his personal style is influenced by international travel and the artists he meets from around the world
“It’s about the journey, and not the end result.”
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• Whether frames really make a difference when it comes to selling a painting
• Advice for students on how to start supporting yourself as an artist as soon as possible once you graduate
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Leon Holmes here:
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!