In this week’s PleinAir Podcast, Eric Rhoads interviews contemporary art historian and author Molly Siple. Since the 1990s, Siple has interviewed more than 200 artists (most of whom are plein air) for the California Art Club newsletter. Here, she talks about building your art career, and much more.
Listen as Molly Siple shares the following:
• How to get to the point where you would get noticed by an art historian
• What women can do to get more of a presence in the art scene
• Principles that will help you be successful when getting interviewed for publicity, including even the way you’re sitting and the best location for an interview. “Paint a picture with your words,” Siple says.
• Different “hooks” you can use to help get your paintings in front of more people
• And what not to do or say in an interview!
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• How to find the right society or group to fit your style
• If artists should have any direct contact with collectors when working with an art gallery
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Molly Siple here:
• Molly Siple’s website: http://msiple.fineartstudioonline.com/about
• California Art Club: https://www.californiaartclub.org/
• Book: California Light: A Century of Landscapes
• Book: Painting California, Seascapes and Beach Towns
Connect with us! We invite you to email us at [email protected] and tell us about your plein air group or ask a question for the Marketing Minute.
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!
Upcoming travel and art events with Streamline Publishing:
- November 10-13, 2019: Figurative Art Convention & Expo
- May 2-6, 2020: The 9th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo
- June 7-14, 2020:Publisher’s Invitational: Paint Adirondacks
Like this? Click here to subscribe to PleinAir Today,
from the publishers of PleinAir Magazine.