This week in the PleinAir Podcast, Eric Rhoads interviews landscape artist Paul Kratter (www.paulkratter.com). They discuss close encounters with Edgar Payne paintings, art advice for the true beginner, and much more.
Listen as Paul Kratter shares the following:
• The catalyst that “slammed him in the head” and inspired him to begin painting en plein air the next day
• His advice for beginning artists on how to paint, even if it’s your first time
• What “five value” means for artists and how knowing your values will help you make color choices
• Why he’s willing to let passing children paint on his canvas while he’s working en plein air
• The story of how and why he was carried out by helicopter from a plein air trip
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• Why the back of your painting is a valuable marketing tool
• An important reason why you may not want to sell your art
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Paul Kratter here:
Connect with us! We invite you to email us at [email protected] and tell us about your plein air group or ask a question for the Marketing Minute.
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!
Upcoming travel and art events with Streamline Publishing:
- September 22-29, 2019: Fall Color Week: Ghost Ranch (sold out – sign up for the waiting list!)
- October 11-19, 2019: Fine Art Connoisseur Art Trip to France
- November 10-13, 2019: Figurative Art Convention & Expo
- May 2-6, 2020: The 9th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo