Eric Rhoads interviews artist Roger Dale Brown in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. Roger tells us what it’s like to live with another full-time professional artist and why they’re in separate galleries; what it was like to get caught in the middle of a nearby bank robbery; and much more.
Listen as Roger Dale Brown shares the following:
• How “the most horrifying experience” of his life got him back into painting after he left his job at an optometrist office
• Why Nashville has become such a wonderful place for artists
• What he learned from painting en plein air for 350 days in a row
• How he’s inspired by God and spirituality in art and in life
“Plein air is a tool to study. You can’t see the tones and design potentials from a photo…it teaches you how to see as an artist.” ~Roger Dale Brown
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• Whether or not you should consider lowering your prices
• What you need to know if you’re questioning the importance of your branding
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Roger Dale Brown here:
Learn more about Roger Dale Brown at www.rogerdalebrown.com.
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!
Upcoming travel and art events with Streamline Publishing:
- June 8-15, 2019: Publisher’s Invitational: Paint Adirondacks
- September 22-29, 2019: Fall Color Week: Ghost Ranch
- October 11-19, 2019: Fine Art Connoisseur Art Trip to France
- November 10-13, 2019: Figurative Art Convention & Expo
- May 2-6, 2020: The 9th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo