Eric Rhoads interviews nationally acclaimed landscape artist Clark Mitchell in this week’s PleinAir Podcast. Learn how he built his painting career over the years, his inspirations, and much more.
Listen as Mitchell shares the following:
• Why a majestic scene is “worth the effort” and important to the plein air painter
• His recommendations for younger artists beginning their career, based on his own experiences
• How he has been greatly inspired by Albert Handell and painting with pastels, and where his own best lessons have come from
“I don’t think every painting [location] has be spectacular…but should certainly be something that’s evocative and excites the viewer.”
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
• If (and how) European artists can succeed in America
• Whether it’s advisable to go by a different name to sell various styles of your paintings
Listen to the PleinAir Podcast with Eric Rhoads and Clark Mitchell here:
Learn from Clark Mitchell in person at the 8th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo, also featuring Joseph Zbukvic, Georgia Mansur, and many more!
Your reviews help others find this podcast and they provide us with invaluable feedback. If you appreciate the PleinAir Podcast, please take a moment to write a review on iTunes. Thank you!