In this week’s PleinAir Podcast, Eric Rhoads welcomes watercolor artist Raleigh Kinney to the show. Raleigh tells us what he uses to enhance the color of his watercolor paintings, and why he doesn’t put them behind glass.
Listen as Raleigh Kinney shares the following:
• What it was like to meet fellow artist Tony Bennett (yes, the Tony Bennett)
• Convincing his wife to move to Arizona as part of his journey to become a full-time painter, and his advice for those thinking about taking the big leap
• A lucky break he experienced while doing a mall show, which opened a door for his career
• The event that had ladies removing their heels so they could get to the paintings more quickly
• The importance of saying “yes!” and more
“My paintings are a conversation with me, and to whom it may concern.”
Bonus: This week’s PleinAir Podcast includes a Marketing Minute!
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, explains:
• How to create an improvement plan for 2020 and the best investments to consider
• Suggestions for pricing a portrait commission and why it’s different for a landscape artist