– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – People enter competitions for many reasons. Certainly, everyone enters them wanting to win. So what goes into a winning painting? This ongoing series of articles explores the stories behind award-winning paintings. This week: Suzie Baker’s piece that was recently honored at the …
PleinAir Podcast: Episode 15 – Eric Rhoads Interviews Kathy AndersonView Article
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – What happens when an experienced painter tries plein air painting for the first time?
OPPORTUNITY: Multiple Components Call for EntriesView Article
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Who hasn’t had a similar situation happen to them while plein air painting?
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Jonathan Luczycki had mixed feelings when he heard that he would be driving into the middle of a Donald Trump political rally in Eugene, Oregon. But he went with his gut, and painted outside of it, and he’s glad he did. Why?
PleinAir Podcast: Episode 14 – Eric Rhoads with CW MundyView Article
– Staff reporting – You’ve heard a little about it. You’ve seen some of the paintings. The 2016 Plein Air Convention & Expo (PACE) was an unqualified success, with more than 900 painters learning and laughing in Tucson last month. But a picture is worth a thousand words….
Anatomy of an Award Winner: Jeremy Sams at Kinston, NC EventView Article
In this series, plein air painter and instructor Jeanne Mackenzie takes a look at new paintings by contemporary artists and points out why they succeed as painted images. This week, Vasiliy Pohomov’s “Silver Light.”