– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – A struggling art studio and gallery in Asheville, North Carolina, is shining a light on a way plein air painting can help people recovering from addiction and other mental health issues, and its approach and underpinning will sound familiar to most plein …
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Brad Clark’s recent paintings of a vineyard near his California home have the bracing appeal of a print, with the addition of the subtle color modulation possible in an oil painting. What is his thinking in creating these pieces?
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – It takes a bold person to write a manifesto on art, considering, among other things, that there are as many opinions about art as there are artists. Jerry Fresia is that bold person. We think there are some truths worth hearing again …
– Jeanne Mackenzie reporting – In this series, plein air painter and instructor Jeanne Mackenzie takes a look at new paintings by contemporary artists and points out why they succeed as painted images. This week, Christine Lashley’s “Snowy Woods, Last Light.”
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – James Gurney was painting a horse in casein at a ranch in Wyoming when one of its friends came over to investigate.
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Nikki Frumkin isn’t doing it for sales. But for reasons of her own, the Washington artist climbs and paints from the top of mountains.
Tips on Painting Ocean WaterView Article
By Lori Putnam In this series, artist Lori Putnam speaks on the role artists can play in the conservation and preservation of land, cultures, and buildings. In this installment, Putnam explores the history, meaning, and value of the National Park System.
Why This Works: Variety of Greens and Colorful ShadowsView Article
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – This photo from the archives shows one of two things.