by Lori Putnam In this series, artist Lori Putnam speaks on the role artists can play in the conservation and preservation of land, cultures, and buildings. In this installment, Putnam explores conservancy in the Harpeth River Watershed, close to where she lives.
PleinAir Podcast: Episode 30 – James Gurney and the Imagination in ArtView Article
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Superlatives get tossed around in today’s society, but here’s one you can be sure of: Kyle Ma will be the youngest ever instructor at the Plein Air Convention & Expo (PACE) in San Diego this April. Here’s why.
OPPORTUNITY: Plein Fun Fest in Delray Beach, FLView Article
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Update: Cooler weather has put the kibosh on Amy DiGi’s bikini, but her series of plein air self-portraits capturing her developing pregnancy continues.
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – “They’ll read about you in school.” For Plein Air Convention & Expo (PACE) instructor Georgia Mansur, this is an honor already happening.
PleinAir Podcast: Episode 29 – Charlie Hunter and Non-reliance on ChromaView Article
– Jeanne Mackenzie reporting – In this series, plein air painter and instructor Jeanne Mackenzie takes a look at new paintings by contemporary artists and points out why they succeed as painted images. This week, Joel Tenzin’s “Basin.”
OPPORTUNITY: Outdoor Painters Society Associate Online ShowcaseView Article
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Carlton J. Manzano said he wasn’t the least bit concerned about the regular freight trains that roar down the tracks that were just a few feet from his easel.