– Staff reporting, PleinAir Magazine – The week came in like a lion and left like a lamb at the Publisher’s Invitational Adirondacks Paint-Out last week, with more than 100 artists creating over 800 paintings that depicted the lush greens, majestic mountains, and rustic trappings of the northern edge of New York …
There From the Beginning: Brian Stewart and Plein AirView Article
– Jeanne Mackenzie reporting – In this series, plein air painter and instructor Jeanne Mackenzie takes a look at new paintings by contemporary artists and points out why they succeed as painted images. This week, Jude Tolar’s “View From Lipan Point.”
OPPORTUNITY: Mineral Point, WI, in AugustView Article
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Scott Lloyd Anderson forgot his tripod during a recent visit to his sister’s cabin in the woods. No problem.
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Colorado painters seem to have more fun. Even during marathons.
Staying More Abstract to Retain the EssenceView Article
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Last week the Central Coast Plein Air Painters opened its exhibition “Scenic Roadways of Monterey County” and announced award winners. Who did judge Maggie Renner Hellman chose?
Why This Works: A Sense of SpaceView Article
– Bob Bahr reporting, Editor PleinAir Today – Baltimore-area artists can apply now for $10,000 grants to fund art projects through a program operated by the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance.